View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtrama View Post
My response to everything mentioned above can pretty much be summed up in the phrase: "Yea sure, no problem."

However I will say that while I'm willing to design a symbol/logo, but I wouldn't rely on me solely. I'll see what I can do, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to produce anything D:
I'm thoroughly impressed with this post. I had thought that you would get extremely mad and that you wouldn't want anything to do with the site ever again. It certainly would have been understandable if you did. I apologize again for having to come to a decision, and by the way I just added the experience points to your account. Since Kidd Cabbage is only bidding 0.01 points/day for his promotions, you should easily be able to outbid him on song promotion (for now, at least).

If you don't want to come up with a new logo, or want to help in some other way, the other thing that needs immediate attention are the song images. You can see these images by clicking on any song, scrolling down a little, and clicking on the "song image" link. They are designed to be placed in forum signatures, and have the old site's design. I don't have any preferred design; you can have full latitude to design them however you'd like. You can change anything you want: the dimensions of the image, the size of the elements, the information contained within the image, and so on. Almost anything the site calculates can be included in these images - data like experience points, ratings, VGMdb images, profile images, and so on. You can ask other people for advice or give it a go yourself. The single limiting criteria is that the image must be smaller than 250px in height, because that's the limit for Overclocked ReMix's forum signatures.

The only thing that's different about these images is that rather than delivering a finished image, you need to deliver an algorithm to create the image, because thousands of these are generated every day. I'm not asking for code; just a series of steps of how to create them, as well as any images or font files you used. I'll translate the steps into code. Here's an example:

1. Size the image at 500x150
2. Add the background image I created, X.png
3. Add the number of song views at 14pt using the Calibri font at coordinates 50, 50
4. Using the Ank* font, write "game remixes" in #ff3d66 in 20pt at 5, 5
5. Get the VGMdb influence album cover, size it 60x60, and position it at 100,100
6. Add X instances of the image I created, Y.png, to underline the number of song views
7. and so on

This information should be easy to obtain if you design the sample image in the GIMP or Photoshop, because everything is considered a separate object. Simply write down the order in which you do things. You can have another 50 experience points for designing the song images that if you're interested.

Last edited by quintin3265; Mar 23, 2010 at 06:42 AM.