View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
The debut of Athena Asamiya was just called "Athena" (1986) -> "Psycho Soldier" is the sequel introducing Sie Kensou
Also I wouldn't call Athena SNK's top lady, this place is reserved for Mai Shiranui.
Thanks for the lyrics, didn't even know about this SNK release! Awesome! It says enclosure, but enclosed with what? A Magazine?

Edit: looks like there is also an alternative print 10TH-114. Perhaps the CD version? Can't find any information.
Athena is about a "version" of the goddess Athena who fights several greek mythology monsters. Psycho Soldier is somewhat of a sequel, Athena Asamiya is supposed to be the reincarnation or the heir to goddess Athena, she is a Japanese school girl who learns she has psychic powers and fights against alien invaders along with Sie Kensou. Depending on the point of view, Athena is or isn't Athena Asamiya, even SNK and now SNK Playmore have had different views on the subject (i.e. KOF 98 Athena SDM, KOF 97 old heroes ending and SVC Chaos and NGBC).
Athena was SNK's first heroine, just like Michelle Heart was Capcom's, although most people put on top Mai and Chun-li because of the popular fighter games.

The cassette came as a package with the FC version of Athena, that's why is an enclosure.

According to the defunct site JGML, 10TH-114 was a CD and it included karaoke versions of the songs, however, I haven't been able to find any material that can confirm the existence of such CD.