View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
I think that's a pretty redundant distinction by be honest, not to mention it could lead to debate of what constitutes as a "major" label, alongside other issues I mentioned earlier.

I think the only distinction that needs to be made is between officially released and unofficially released: Official, Doujin, Bootleg.

And I agree with your points as well, Cedille.
You can also debate what constitutes 'official', so it's no better. Also you'e going on the assumption that all doujin releases are arranges, and not works or soundtracks, which is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
But it's technically possible that record companies release doujin albums. I know it's quite rare (this may be the closest) because perhaps we no longer could call it "doujin" if it's published from a commercial label, but as long as "doujin" is more about professionalism or such, it's not appropriate to use "doujin" to represent some types of publications and combine it with Indies, IMO.
From the looks of it that CD was originally released as a doujin album then later got published by a commercial label (correct me if I'm wrong.) In that case the original printing of that CD would be doujin and the later printing would be commercial. There's no conflict here, if a doujin artist (formerly or not) releases something on a commercial label it's not a doujin release.