View Single Post
Old May 21, 2018, 06:33 AM
Trusted Editor

Hello,
Good luck with your project. Happy to see a label with focus on 90s/early 00s RPG music. Final Fantasy IV seems like a good idea for a project with a recognizable name and little orchestral treatment so far.

As for the Final Fantasy IV songs I'd like to listen to, I'll have to second all of Rrolacks suggestions. Since a lot of the tracks are relatively short I am looking forward to the new arrangements or medleys, whatever will end up on the CD.

For other projects I would also love to see some of the works mentioned here before. The 90s works of Kohei Tanaka like Bounty Sword, Lennus or Tengai Makyo Zero would translate really well for a symphonic performance. Of course most of these games have been Japan-only, so there is little nostalgic value for International audiences. Games like Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia or Terranigma, or Lufia 2 or Breath of Fire are more well known to international audiences and haven't received any arrange albums.

Lots of classic PS1 RPGs already have symphonic main themes like Arc the Lad, Grandia or Suikoden 2. It seems like there is a trend in Japan to perform those with regard to projects like JAGMO or the Gametakt concerts. Gametakt has just recently proven that Wild Arms 2 and Grandia sound really good in a concert environment.

I'm looking forward to the future developments and wish you success with the crowdfunding phase.