View Single Post
Old May 23, 2009, 08:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
There's a tape version of this thing too!
I prefer to get the album on CD format, but we'll see.
Just for curiosity is there a specific search field for "tapes" on VGM? From the shoppingmall site I don't see one for tapes but only for CDs/DVDs.
I think this album was also released on vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
Are there any flea markets near where you live?

This may sound ridiculously unbelievable, but I got my copy from one I usually go to for vintage games (NES, SNES, Game Boy, etc.). I visited one day just to browse around, and the guy that managed it (and still does to this day) showed me a box full of some "game-related CDs" that he didn't know what to do with. As you may guess, the box was indeed full with VG OSTs, not a whole lot, mind you, but somewhere around 30+. I obviously took advantage of this and that's how I managed to find a copy of this rather elusive soundtrack for a mere $2.50 (near-mint). This happened years ago.

I'm not sure for how much this goes, but I saw an auction last year where an user was auctioning some Double Dragon related material, and this soundtrack (AFAIR) was part of it, among other possible--maybe?--rare stuff. Not sure how the auction ended, though, as I didn't bother to watch it.

Where I live, VGM doesn't exist and I am probably the only italian that buy VGM.
Anyway you have had a big lucky to find it and for that ridocolous price.
This is for sure my favourite first OST that I'm looking for and I hope to find a copy soon.
I will try to check often YJ and learn how to buy from there.

Last edited by depa; May 23, 2009 at 08:42 AM.