View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:18 PM

Okay, let's play a little game in which I'll rule out who composed each track of the Ys VI soundtrack between Hayato Sonoda and Wataru Ishibashi. None of this is official, so all I can do is make some guesses (and probably all them are wrong ):

Quote:
01 OLHA (No idea. I know! Awesome beginning!)
02 RELEASE OF THE FAR WEST OCEAN (Sonoda)
03 GRATITUDE FOR NATURE'S BLESSINGS (Ishibashi) (This is IMO the closest track to Zwei!!'s softer style. Ishibashi also composed a 70% or so of that game soundtrack.)
04 THE AKINDO (Sonoda)
05 QUATERA WOODS (Ishibashi)
06 MIGHTY OBSTACLE (Sonoda, although not really sure. Composing style reminds me to some modern Falcom stuff, but the "instrumentation" is really strong here, with that kickass Egyptian flute. I'm using the Pre-Arrange version from Unpublished Music 2007 and some early trailers as basis.)
07 ULTRAMARINE DEEP (Ishibashi)
08 RECONCILED PEOPLE (Not sure. I'll say Ishibashi)
09 WINDSLASH STEPS (Sonoda)
10 MOUNTAIN ZONE (Sonoda)
11 RUINS OF AMNESIA (Ishibashi)
12 THE ZEMETH SANCTUM (Ishibashi)
13 OVERWATER DRIVE (Ishibashi)
14 THE PIRATE SHIP (Sonoda)
15 Escape from the Great Vortex ~Invasion of the Romn Fleet~*

Disc 2
01 UNDER THE OCCUPATION (Ishibashi)
02 THE FLEET OF ROMN (I'll say Sonoda. This track also uses a little part from Ys IV's Romun's theme as a reference.)
03 DEFEND! AND ESCAPE! (Ishibashi)
04 THE SUCCESSOR OF ALMARION (Sonoda)
05 The Ark of Napishtim Revival ~The Great Vortex Reborn~*
06 THE RUINED CITY "KISHGAL" (Ishibashi)
07 PRESSURE STAIRS (The lack of real melody makes it hard to guess something.)
08 ARMORED BANE (Sonoda)
09 ERNST (Sonoda)
10 BLACK ARK UNVEILED (I'll say Ishibashi, but not sure.)
11 THE DEPTH NAPISHTIM (Sonoda. I can reconize his drum work here, and the synth also sounds like him.)
12 The Ark of Napishtim Collapse*
13 Zemeth's Protection*
14 SPREAD BLUE VIEW (Sonoda)
15 THE MOONSET SHORE (Not sure.)
16 SO MUCH FOR TODAY (Reprise from Ys I originally composed by Mieko Ishikawa.)
17 OLHA ~LONG VERSION~ (Just a longer version of a bleh track that I have no idea.)
I've no idea of what Sonoda composed in ANY Falcom soundtracks, but there's some stuff here that I recognize in many modern Falcom soundtracks, like the drum sample/usage and the composing style. Just hear stuff like the Pre-Arrange version of Descendant of Genos, Formidable Enemy (although maybe this one is Unisaga...) or this two Nayuta no Kiseki tracks and you'll understand what I'm trying to explain, I guess...

In the case of Ishibashi, he tends to be on electronic/ambient side with seamless transitions. We can hear some of his stuff on his blog at sideprotea.net.

Apart that the soundtrack was composed by Hayato Sonoda and Wataru Ishibashi, the only info we have is that Ishibashi himself confirmed that he composed a 70% or so of the Ys VI OST, and that he composed 'The Ruined City "Kishgal"'.

I'll send him an e-mail in very simple English about Ys VI (and some Falcom stuff too). If someone is interested, this is his Twitter account. Hope he response me!

*Not sure about those tracks. They sound like those tracks on Symphony Ys 21st Century** if you ask me, so much that I assume the same person was involved.

**Symphony Ys 21st Century is Falcom's worst album do date

I apologize if you/someone can't understand me at times. English being second language and all.

Last edited by Matron; Sep 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM.