View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2016, 04:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSatyr View Post
11-25: Bay Route - Composed by Vial Music, Michie Takemori, Shinichi Seya
Since this wasn't scored by Sega's sound team, I kind of suspect that Okunari doesn't necessarily know the composers for sure and is just listing the staff roll credits. I'm bringing this up specifically for this game because the in-game credit for these three is "sound," not "music" specifically.

Quote:
26-39: Golden Axe - Composed by Tohru Nakabayashi, You Takada (only track 28?)
This is probably the one everyone's interested in. Okunari only names Takada: "the music was the debut of Y.T." This lines up with Nakabayashi's liner notes in the Golden Axe compilation album where he only talks about programming and sound effects and doesn't actually mention writing any music; looks like this score was in fact all Takada.

Quote:
40-50: Flash Point - Composed by You Takada, Tohru Nakabayashi
Quote:
09-27: Bloxeed - Composed by Tohru Nakabayashi
These are correct, though weirdly Takada doesn't mention Nakabayashi at all in the liner notes of the original soundtrack for these two. He does only explicitly state that he wrote music for Flash Point, though.

Quote:
448-59: Ryu Kyu - Composed by Nasu Kazumi (is this Shigeharu Isoda?)
Yeah.

Quote:
01-25: Aurail - Composed by Shinichi Sakamoto, Napalm Hiromitsu (no idea who this is)
I haven't been able to verify the game's credits for myself, but there's allegedly a Hiromitsu Watanabe who composed Power Eleven with Sakamoto so that's probably him.

EDIT: Can verify a Hiromitsu Watanabe worked with Sakamoto in Jikuu Senki Mu: http://www14.atwiki.jp/gball/pages/410.html

Last edited by CHz; Sep 23, 2016 at 08:45 PM.