View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
My copy was $200. It was in IMMACULATE condition however. The booklet is crisp, the case and discs are spotless and the obi card was included also in excellent shape. So all things considered I could have bought one from Japan plus middlemen fees and waited 6-8 weeks for it or spend a little extra and get one from a trusted US seller in mint condition. I still don't think my purchase was as "stupid" as it has been made out to be...
There you go again, degrading any reasoning behind using foreign sites. It doesn't take 6-8 weeks if you know what you're doing, but you can't order from Japanese sites, right? Why else would you be disregarding them this entire time? If you're willing to spend $200 USD on a single album, why is it too expensive when proxy fees and international shipping come into the picture?

Hey, I use eBay and I don't live in the states, should I disregard it entirely?

Since I was right the first time, let's try figuring out exactly why this thread exists:

- you have buyer's remorse, you're promoting your own auctions, and are trying to sell the item on eBay (you are the seller, despite claiming otherwise)
- you know the seller, and are trying to help him sell his item
- you're trying to raise awareness in this item, so the price increases

The problem with the first scenario is that it's blatant advertising. The second scenario could also mean that you're selling through someone else, and the third scenario is a means of justification and bragging (one doesn't have to admit they've purchased something, only the desired result of people talking about the item in question is enough). Of course, that didn't work, since the responders here immediately came back with evidence of lower prices.

So, which is it? This thread's existence lies behind one of these.

You're apparently forgetting that in 2000, buying from Japan was far more difficult, in comparison to today, where a); the 90's crowd are no longer teenagers, and have credit cards, and b); there's multiple proxy services, and multiple ways of using domestic websites. For instance, I can order from Amazon.jp, Yahoo Auctions, Rakuten, Suruga-ya, Caveshop, and a bunch of others that won't ship internationally. This would have been impossible without a credit card or use of the internet.

Proxy fees and EMS are always a factor, but how I justify them is like so: Proxy fees are justified because receiving and forwarding items is a gigantic fucking time consuming inconvenience, and deserves to be paid for. EMS is to ensure that your item reaches you within the next week, because shipping by anything less is gambling, and generally not worth the risk.

The fact that you've actually taken the time to contact individuals who've purchased this album, asking them for how much they've paid, in order to justify your own purchase and prove dominance over this thread like a horny, persistent 16 year old, shows us that you've done little to no research on this album before purchasing, but rather, have purchased and then researched.

Game soundtracks are not an investment, and since you've claimed that you aren't reselling for profit, there isn't any need to justify your purchase any longer.