View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
I don't know anything about the character or the premise of the game really, but I enjoy your compositions.
I really don't know much either--it's all just guesswork at this point. I based my composition on character art, trailer cutscenes, and a short biography. But I'm glad you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
ack piano, I hate piano but whatever (yeah it's a comment even if it doesn't look like ;p)
No problem, we all have different tastes.

Quote:
why calling that ffxv unofficial ost? is it based on existing ffxv music (heard in trailer?)
I wonder if s-e hear of that if they make it stop for copyrights infringement or something
No, it's completely original and not based off of anything from the trailers. There's no copyright being infringed upon here.

Quote:
don't misunderstand me, I don't wish you to stop composition but you coulda found another name (you think that'll interest people if you add ffxv? just wondering why you use it)
I like for my work to feel purposeful. In this case, the purpose is "how would I handle FFXV's music? What does that particular world, which we know little about so far, make me think of musically?" It's a unique challenge that I've done in the past--in particular with Chrono Trigger and FF8 (which I actually used an FF8 soundfont for).

In any event, I can always rebrand this music later. It doesn't have to stay attached to FFXV forever.

Thanks for the comments!