View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toutoune134 View Post
He composed Re:Creator's OST last year, Attack on Titan S2 at the beginning of 2017 (and it's not a full OST, just like his work on Ao no Exorcist S2's OST) and CRISIS's OST later in the year (at the end of February I think?)
Yeah, Re:CREATORS was composed last year, AoT early this year, and CRISIS just last month IIRC.

Quote:
So far Re:Creator's OST sounds good from what I heard in the first two episodes, but nothing extraordinary either. Your usual Sawano OST for blockbuster anime.
Honestly I think this is one of his best OSTs for a while. We've gotten good Sawano recently, but nothing this good for a long while, in my opinion. Though I'm kinda focusing in on the relaxing tracks that can be heard in the 24 minute special preview for the anime and within the anime itself. Also the bubblegum-pop Gemie song that plays as the transformation music for the magical girl. Very different for Sawano, can't judge fully yet, but I think it's shaping up to be one of his best OSTs for a long while. Hopefully they don't overuse certain songs like Aldnoah though, worried about that since it's the same sound director.

Quote:
The new tracks for Attack on Titan S2 sounds great. Goes very well with the mood of season 2 and season 1's OST.
The vocal song is cool. I don't remember particularly getting into the beast titan theme though. Haven't heard much other than that. Nothing much else stood out. Although, the piano in episode 3 near the beginning of the episode was nice, though I assume it's just the beginning of the vocal song since it's in a similar key and tempo.

Quote:
I haven't heard CRISIS's OST since the show isn't available with english subtitles.
I was actually lucky enough to be in Japan when CRISIS started, so I was able to watch the first two episodes. I can guarantee that the OST is actually great.... well, KOHTA YAMAMOTO's part at least. Sawano has done some good stuff but nothing really stood out so far, only the YAMAMOTO songs are the ones that I really enjoyed. The Sawano and YAMAMOTO songs are really distinguishable haha.

Aside from that, Re:CREATORS is definitely shaping up to at least be a good anime. The OST has a fairly unique style as well, for modern-Sawano at least.