View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2015, 02:59 PM

I really like having the samples that the musicians I'm influenced from have used because it helps in imitating their style considerably, would I choose to do so. I don't recreate things too often (partly due to not having enough samples), but having the original samples really helps when I do.

With that said, here's some discoveries from Ace Attorney, though mostly taken from a post I made a while back on HCS:
(I'm not 100% sure about the accuracy of the specific patches used for some of these, due to sample compression; I went with the ones that sounded the closest to the instruments used in the songs.)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
"Acoustic Piano" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Age, Regret, Retribution"
"E.Bass Pick 1" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Age, Regret, Retribution"
"Motion Raver" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Pursuit ~ Cornered"

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
"Camera Strings" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials"

Also, a friend of mine received the following confirmation from K-On! composer Hajime Hyakkoku, after telling him about my observation about the soundtrack:
"It's a bingo! yes!!! When making "K-ON!", I used "Triton"."

Not that I really needed it (it's quite obvious, frankly), but this practically confirms the following observations:

K-On!
"Acoustic Piano" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Have some tea?", "Isoge ya Isoge!"
"E.Pick Bass 2" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Have some tea?", "Isoge ya Isoge!"
"PizzEnsemble" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Have some tea?"
"Octave Brass Exp" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Isoge ya Isoge!
"Muted Trumpet" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Isoge ya Isoge!"
"Percussion BX3" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Isoge ya Isoge!"
"Mondo'Rimba" from "KORG Triton" was used in "Have some tea?"

Note I only jotted down like half of the instruments used in two songs of the soundtrack. There's a whole lot more (though a good chunk of the soundtrack shares plenty of instruments), but I think this should be enough as it is, especially since I'm not entirely sure how interesting this would be.