View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2015, 09:07 PM

I know you know quite a bit about music and have a good ear, but I think "Phantom Ganon" is Wakai. The general harmony makes me think it's him and those fast piano and organ runs remind me of "Gohdan", which I agree is so Wakai (and it is a crime the full track isn't on this album -- there are three versions and only the first is presented in its entirety with half each of the other two making the rest of the track, and even the first is different on the album, replacing an electric piano counter-melody in the game with a different harpsichord part starting at about 31 seconds). What do you think seems like Minegishi about it? The only thing I feel strongly about being his is the mini boss theme, which I also thought even before seeing anyone else did too. I initially felt "Battle" could have been him, but I recall hearing similarities in other things I was more certain were Wakai, even on other soundtracks, that made me change my mind, but I don't remember what anymore.

For what it's worth, I think Wakai did "Rescuing Aryll" numbers 4 and 5, which Guitarist500 had attributed to Nagata.