View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
They are not part of the physical bluray TOC. They exist just in the zip file that is on the bluray. They are labeled as "Bonus MP3 Tracks" and mp3 tracks are not part of the physical media.

To summarize, if you put it in a bluray player, does it play the bonus mp3 tracks? No, it does not. You have to do extra steps to extract the zip file off the bluray disc to get them. Hence, not part of the tracklist and it is just additional info.
I see the point, but I can't agree with it, since they are listed as tracks 75 and 76 and they are physically inside the BR. You also have to do extra steps to obtain tacks 1-74, since they are not present in the BR, they are part of a video media.

I would agree with this rule if they are extra track as digital bonus with download code, but I insist, extra steps or not, they are included in the physical Blu-ray. In 50 years, if you have this BR and a BR player, you will be able to listen tracks 75 and 76, and they will be listed as tracks 75 and 76 in the physical soundtrack (as BR server) and in the booklet.

This opens another door: what about the 3 songs included as a video? Can be played without extra steps and can be played after track 74:
- Don't be Afraid (BONUS VER.)
- Force Your Way - Never Look Back - The Man with the Machine Gun (BONUS VER.)
- Only a Plank Between One and Perdition (BONUS VER.)

if we are strict with this rule, they should be tracks 75, 76 and 77

To summarize, I abide by the rule despite not agreeing with it, since as you can see it is subject to interpretation.