View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Paladin View Post
In a nutshell, it's always been about the "mindless masses". Nothing new there, really, I can't blame investors for wanting to ride the gravy train when it comes in, but conversely, when just about every producer does absolutely nothing but follow the latest trend is part of what leads to stagnation and lack of development across all genres, not just VGM.

I won't argue that point; at least, not in a sense. However, I would force people to have a little bit more of an educated opinion on certain things at times, if I did have that power. Often times, it can be quite lacking, which again, may at least partially be contributing to modern VGM perceptions.

But if Jeremy Soule can be on MTV, methinks overall that things must not be quite as bad for the genre. It's mainly that there are simply too few names that are being recognized across the VGM industry, and until there are more of the Big Fish in the VGM sea, things will probably stay as they are for a while.
exactly! until VGM composers get more well-known it's going to stay like this for a while also this isn't just a problem with the musical aspect of games but video games as a whole there is a lack of especially on TV