View Single Post
Old May 12, 2021, 08:31 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
That may be valid for in-print titles, but how does it apply to soundtracks which went out of print ten or fifteen years ago?
I'm reading this topic maybe too late but I'm sensitive as pepak, My opinion on this is the following : if I don't find an original issue with its OBI, I simply prefere not to buy it at all since I don't like them naked. I'll wait until I get a true copy, and during this time I listen the .mp3 files, praying I'll find it quick.

To me, estethicaly, the OBI is the most important part of an OST, and it goes with the way that japaneses add some fabrics/strip about everything to highlight. The OBI makes an OST more thick and beautiful, and having them side by side with their OBIs is great because it makes a beautiful line and a feeling of satisfaction since it's hard to collect them that way.

So, when I got a complete copy, I rip it and scan it, then archive it and listen the .flac files I've just ripped, like this I preserve the whole stuff against touchy practices which can damage it with time (it can happend that I rarely listen it in my CD player) So, people who give importance to these details don't like bootlegs since bootlegs are just poor alternatives (poor printing quality & mastering) and they don't reflect the true spirit of the japanese way to make releases.

So, bootlegs collectors better have to buy originals and OBI free owners better have to buy OBIs

Btw, the only point I can find on bootlegs is that they are at least all first issues

Last edited by erzane; May 12, 2021 at 08:43 AM.