View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2014, 04:21 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
It's fine for me, but that's not the way it's done most of the time. For example the Laputa tracklist is crearly using 〜, but we use ~. Same with the Kiki one, we aren't using the "suspended points" or whatever they're called.
About the numbers, they actually look like plain ascii numbers in discs 9 and 11 so I don't see why we should use those.
Again I'm totally ok with it (at least when they clearly use them), but if we keep them here we should change them in the other tracklists too.
imo it's just another one of those vastly inconsistent things across the database that doesn't really have a standard as far as i know. Personally, I have always tried to maintain the accuracy of the source language tracklist as much as possible. Most of the time, that's JP but sometimes it's English, etc.

I think identifying and correcting is probably too much at this point. I just try to keep it accurate going forward and if I see something I change it and then post why in the thread. I can probably update Laputa when I get home, or someone else can, but as we've seen in the past, it's likely to just get changed again when someone else comes in and edits it. There's really nothing to prevent that from happening and I think that's largely the issue here -- people updating stuff without discussing it or vetting it.

Regarding plain ascii for numbers, I think that is generally acceptable, except in the cases where you have those albums that have something like "TITLE (1) SUBTITLE (2) SUBTITLE (3) SUBTITLE" (90s Capcom/fighting game albums have this a lot). The difference between an ASCII '1' and a jp Unicode '1' (I can't type the unicode one at work) goes largely unnoticed.