View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpToken View Post
When voting opened for Composition Combat, I sent messages to my friends, telling them where to hear my submission and asked them to rate the song. I also gave them a link to the registration thread so they could hear the other songs that were submitted. Seemed like a fair thing to do.

On the other hand you have people like Kidd Cabbage telling his friends and followers not only to score him perfect, but to rate the other songs "negative" stars. See this thread: http://www.metroidmetal.com/ridley/v...php?f=6&t=7802

I have no doubt that all his friends did exactly that, because in one night after having an average rating of 6.4, the next day I had almost a full point lower score. I noticed many other songs that were highly scored had come down dramatically as well.

This may or may not be officially counted as cheating, but I think it's pretty telling of the character of the people involved.
Well, I saw Kidd Cabbages post, I didn't take it as "GO AND VOTE EVERYONE ELSE DOWN!" What I DID do, was go to remixsite, listen to all the competition songs, and give them the score they deserved. It's not mine or Kidd Cabbages or anyones fault that your song deserved 1 star in my eyes (and I don't mean that in an insulting manner, it just means your song didn't live up to my standards for what I like to hear). I think that his post just sparked interest in the voting, and that means that more people who aren't just your friends will be taking more serious listens to your music. Also, I can't say that the new voters are completely unbiased, but I know from experience that people from music related communities like MM and DoD are very serious about their vote and won't just give it away. The spirit of competition means that you will go through ups and downs, you should embrace the race itself as much as you want the prize at the end.