View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:30 PM

its not really all that much skin off my back to type a message to something that needs to be said, especially when he went against my wishes to post this thread, molested my pm box (after i asked him not to), ran around with my prize like some voodoo shit straight outta district 9, prawns, battlemechs, 8 months, blah blah blah. i could and have gone on and on and there is no moving on in it. dude will not learn no matter what.

anyways, here's how this thread ends. since steve started this thread, and it went sour/ugly/whatever, here's the last pm he sent me (again, i asked him not to send me pm's and contact me directly or through email, i wanted to try and do things regarding the site professionally, but yeah. you get where im going with this):

Hey shawn,

After spending an hour today, I was able to come up with a plan for action on this site. Feel free to comment with what you think.

1. On Sunday, I'll determine how many songs were posted during the time period of the Haiti earthquake promotion, make the donation, and post the proof at the Shizz, as stated. <------NEVER HAPPENED!

2. After that, I'm not going to post here any more, because any posts about remixSite just keep getting such negative feedback that it's a waste of time. Posts about anything else that I make are usually ignored or receive one-line responses that are unintelligent or have little to do with the topic. <---DIDNT HAPPEN! THATS TWO

3. On Monday, I'm going to put out press releases to the 50 or so press release sites about the new compos feature. <---THE HAT TRICK! YOURE 0 FOR 3 STEVE!

4. I'll reply to anything that's posted on the remixSite boards, and will push the changes that are waiting in the development area out to the production server on Monday. <--HERE WE ARE, KNEE DEEP IN BULLSHIT, YOU'VE PUSHED TWO BUGGED OUT BAD BUGFIXES. THANKS FOR THAT.

5. At that point, I'll do nothing and wait. If traffic increases, songs are posted, compos are organized, or there is a more positive reaction at other forums, I'll resume development. Otherwise, if March 1 or March 15 rolls around and traffic continues to decline below the current levels of 20 visits a day (only 5 of whom stay on the site for more than 5 seconds), then I'll cancel the hosting contract. Then, I can look into a different genre or attempting to sell to a corporation that is trying to develop music software. <--HMM, DO NOTHING AND WAIT. SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN. AT LEAST THE COMPOS ARE HAP-OH WAIT! THATS THE COMMUNITY'S DOING! GOOD GAME HERE, STEVE HAS DONT HALF OF >ONE< OF THESE 5 **FIVE** POINTS THATS HAPPENED GOOD FOR THE SITE IN HIS FAVOR, AND IT WASNT EVEN SOMETHING HE HAD TO DO! well steve, it's march 10th. can you give us some concrete numbers? you certainly arent doing all that much with the site for the site's good, sending out buggy versions. not even a rollback or nothing during that time, when you actually have people on the site and using it? this PM was sent on JANURARY 22ND. its MARCH 10TH. the part about selling the site to a corporation? cmon, if that was the intent, you'd have to be stupid to not do it at ANY point, hell, sell the site as remixsite to a corporation? god forbid i put any ideas in anybodys brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is hardly the ideal plan that I (and probably you) envisioned last year. I had planned to someday create a game remix site as long ago as September 2005. Sometimes, though, you have to cut your losses and move on to things that might be more successful.
Later,
-Steve

no, this certainly is not what i hoped for.

and just to show that this is a totally amicable, happy end here, he finally wrote me back, in pm, in an appropriate place! i guess he can finally get things right!

shawn, I don't want to hear anything more from you about how people perceive me or what's wrong with me or any of this other stuff. I've never complained about who I am and you're not a doctor and I didn't ask for your help.

Leave me alone. Stop contacting me in any way, and I'm not going to read anything you send me after this. I don't want to talk to you ever again, period.

well the feeling is perfectly mutual, its all good. i wont waste another keystroke of my time that i could be using programming a module or a ds-10 or doing mad libs. this is all this is anyways. but here is where this thread ends. all that needs to be said is right there. anybody who wants to support this guy, go ahead. he operates like a weird broken robot though. that it and thats all. anybody who sees me at a con or an expo or at any kind of show or festival, feel free to punch me in the balls and say thats for 'its time to get real here' on remixsite forums, that is totally a free one on me and i'll always honor it.

anybody who has somethin to say after this, i dont care if you're mod, human, cyborg, whatever. you'd be a fool to bump this thread again. i say this with total respect and dignity in the name of dod.
http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com