View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2015, 08:10 AM

Arrow RECAPITULATION - your favorite score from anime SUMMER season 2015

Hi there,
I was thinking about this thread while ago because it could be interesting to talk not only technical and credits stuff but also about music itself.

For me summer season offered lot of great scores. The best one IMHO is:
01 PRISON SCHOOL by Kotaro Nakagawa
This was bigest surprise not only anime with its perverted SM nature but the score incredible helped create great atmosphere. With over the top scenes in anime and serious orchestral scores and decent electronic stuff Nakagawa was tremendous help in story telling. It was nice to for a long time to get music as strong character in anime.

Because I am fan of jazz/funk mixed with orchestra other surprise score was music from another "lewd" anime
02 Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - BGM by AKIYUKI TATEYAMA
I want just watch one pisode check music and left the show, but what a nice combination of comedy and great groovy music. Groovy music fits scenes like a glow, there´s nothinh bad in combiantion of jazz/funk and ecchi scenes.
I heard some similarities in approach like Mori did with Seitokai Yakuindomo schows.

03/04/05
Gate (Yoshiaki Fujisawa), Symphogear GX (Elements Garden), Overlord (Shuji Katayama)

Not particular order.
Each one from these have strong moments. I specially like Overlord for choral BGM´s and pipe organ.

HONORABLE MENTION
Aquarion Logos, Ranpo Kitan, Kusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan, Chaos Dragon, God Eater, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Aoharu x Kikanju

Please write which was your favorites scores and why.
Thank you!

All the best
Porter

Last edited by Porter; Oct 19, 2015 at 08:16 AM.