View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:57 PM

That really sucks, it looks like I have no choice but to go back to my original plan of just buying all the separate albums. How did they manage to screw this up so badly, now I've starting to wonder if the Silent Hill Sounds Box they released a decade ago had any of these same issues.

Honestly though, if I have to go out of my way to collect the rest of the individual albums now anyway then maybe I should just drop all 3 boxes and stick to high quality rips for the few titles that were exclusive to them (Legends, Kid Dracula (GB,) Dracula X, Legacy of Darkness and the SotN Saturn tracks.) Though in SotN's case I believe with the sole exception of the PS1 version of the Master Librarian theme all of the audio in the game was streamed, so I'm not actually sure if a rip would actually sound any better than what's available on the official releases or not.

Aka has a few bonus tracks not featured on the original Order of Ecclesia soundtrack, but they're all pretty minor and due to the original soundtrack probably being the rarest (or at least the most expensive) Castlevania soundtrack I was already on the fence about selling it even when these CD boxes were only just announced. Even though the files appear to be the same, or at least close to it I guess it's enough to justify keeping the original. How's Dawn of Sorrow look on the Aka box, does it appear to be a reprint? It seems like everything beyond the fifth generation consoles are probably the same as the original releases, but I guess it's not safe to make assumptions when it comes to present day Konami.

Now I'm wondering if I should try to track down K30X-7705 and KICA-1023 now too for Haunted Castle and Kid Dracula (FC) since it seems like I just can't trust any of Konami's later Castlevania CD releases. I suppose it's possible that the ones on the 2010 box could be the same, but I have no way of knowing that for certain at this point in time.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Dec 18, 2022 at 02:56 AM.