View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:53 AM

I've always preferred CD releases over anything else. While I agree that I'd prefer a digital release to no release at all, I would still rather see a small print run of CDs instead. I hate being forced to buy audio files.. there's no resale value and you have nothing physical to show for the money you spent. The occasional vinyl is cool too but they should be limited and reserved for special situations only, and obviously releases from the 80s / early 90s are cool. Always meant to pick up some of those early Sega albums on vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatia View Post
To me, CDs are merely a container for lossless audio files. The instant I have a disc image of that CD on my computer, I'll sell it. I just don't see the point in having something sit on a shelf that I'm never going to open again since I have the music on my computer. My CD collection is a folder with hundreds of disc images in it, not a stack of jewel cases and compact discs. Not only does this result in far less clutter, but I can use the profits I make from selling CDs, to buy more CDs.
Remind me to never sell anything to you again.