View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:57 AM
Trusted Editor

Voted for something else, and now I'm gonna try to explain how I would like to see the album title 'war' going on:

1. If the album has the name in english (romanized or not) either on obi/spine/tray, use that name. As with the poll album, it would be Akumajo Dracula ~Gekka no Nocturne~ Original Game Soundtrack (notice that the english side of hte spine doesn't have X)
2. If there isn't a english title found, then I'd would go strictly for romanized form only, which in poll case would be Akumajo Dracula X ~Gekka no Yasoukyoku~ OGS. Though, subtitles could be translated to english.

Sure, there's cases where things can be bit different, like I basically tag my albums by taking the name from the spine, but in case of Radiant Silvergun Soundtrack+, it would have been just Radiant Silvergun, even if cover/cd and other places do have that soundtrack+ so I added that.

Also, why not just make a new album title line which would have the album name as localized version, so Akumajo Dracula would be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night OGS. And use the display for what the soundtracks spine/obi/whatever says in english or in japanese.

And I'd rather stay away from fan translations unless they've became de facto ones, though can't remember any translations which could be like that.