View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2008, 12:51 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
The first game i truly loved the soundtrack from was Batman on NES, by Sunsoft (composed by Naoki Kodaka).
The first stage theme from this game is also one of the first pieces of game music is remember enjoying, though overall I enjoyed the music for the Game Boy version much more <3 I gradually came to notice and enjoy the music in games more and more around this time. Stuff like Duck Tales and Castlevania Adventure [both for the GB] come to mind as other soundtracks I really came to enjoy around the same time.

As for collecting: I purchased a few soundtracks during the PSX era, and since I'm somewhat of a collector of various things, I began seriously collecting game music a few years ago. Usually, I mostly enjoy the part of collecting that precedes finding. Basically, the searching part. In the case of game music though, where I buy (almost exclusively) second-hand items, I also really enjoy the package opening part; checking conditions, cleaning, replacing damaged cases, etc. Then popping the case in a slip and placing it in its spot in the cd/book cases I use for my collection [I have them placed in alphabetical order].

Here are a few pictures of my collection: