View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2012, 03:11 PM

I just got my hands on a physical copy of this album (pressed CD, not CD-R) so I’d like to help clear up some confusion.

1) If you still need a high-resolution image (300 dpi) of the front and/or back covers, I have uploaded them for your reference.

2) Album credits are correct. I came across this page while digging through archived versions of the artist’s website.

3) Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Surugaya posts back cover images. The pictures it uses, however, are of really poor quality.

4) (a bit obvious at this point, but) the other image in the scans is the front cover of the CD-R version, which came out before the audio CD printing.

One issue that I do want to bring up is the release date. Kalliope ~Piano Concert~ proper came out on January 7, 2007, so why does the accompanying bonus CD have January 17, 2007 as the release date here? (Was that an accidental typo?)

According to an old event announcement, the mini-album was distributed – in CD-R form – as a gift for every copy of the piano album sold at 2 doujin events held in January 2007. The bonus CD was pressed again in limited quantities due to demand (refer to link in #2), which was then sold through Akiko Shikata’s doujin web shop on February 10, 2007 for just one week.

Both pressings of the bonus disc, therefore, have different release dates: January 7, 2007 (CD-R) and February 10, 2007 (audio CD). Would a child album entry of Kalliope ~Piano Concert~ Piano Featuring Arrange Mini Album CD-R be necessary in this case? Same recording, different packaging.

Last edited by tfmc08; Jun 7, 2012 at 03:17 PM.