View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016, 10:55 AM

Default Videogame music with hip hop influences

Hi! New to the forums. I've been making music for about 6 or 7 years now, all under the umbrella of videogame music, with strong influences from instrumental lofi hip hop. I like to sample sound fx from my favorite SNES games (earthbound, chrono trigger, megaman 7&X, DK, mario rpg) and use them as percussive instruments, but I also compose my own videogame soundtrack-esque songs. I've done a couple Earthbound dance remix/beef-ups (as well as 4 albums of original work, dating back to 2010) through the name "Conative Clay":
Regular Battle Remix/Beef-up
Spooky Battle Remix/Beef-up
Conative Clay Bandcamp

I just launched a new project: Øk.øk.KØ
which is an extension of my old stuff, but a bit more grungy. I'm hoping to get into the world of scoring for videogames, but at the very least I just wanted to introduce myself and my music as it's great for game music enthusiasts who also like instrumental hip hop (what a nice broad niche I picked /s)

Thanks for listening! Feedback, ideas, suggestions, criticisms are welcomed. You can contact me by email at [email protected] if you'd like to inquire about using my music for a project.