View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2018, 04:07 AM

I thought that it be worth mentioning that in the official IOS English translation of SMT1 translates "カテドラル" (the final dungeon of the game) as "Basilica."

However, it's also worth mentioning that the official English version of the MMO SMT: Imagine also featured a area titled "カテドラル" (a location within the Holy City of Arcadia,) but simply translated it as "Cathedral." Granted, I don't think these two locations are meant to be the same place, since the one in SMT1 was located on Tokyo Bay while the one in SMT: Imagine was located in Shinagawa. The dungeon version of the Cathedral from the game's 8th Anniversary event did use a remix of the SMT1 Basilica theme though.

In addition, the aforementioned IOS version refers to "邪教の館" as the "Cathedral of Shadows" instead of the "Mansion of Heresy." I noticed that the majority of other SMT soundtracks used the localized name for the English tracklists, so I just figured I'd mention that as well. Come to think of it the fact that they already had the Cathedral of Shadows is probably why they decided to change the last area to Basillca since otherwise it may have sounded redundant.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Feb 27, 2018 at 09:09 PM.