View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2013, 03:54 PM

Well... haha, yeah. I think it's a battle between localization for a primarily English site and using the original (or to some people, "more correct") title. See though, the thing about the localized titles is that they're not wrong - the game is just as much called that in one place of the world as it is something else in another place in the world. It's not a wrong title, but it can cause things to get a little jumbled up, like your example of having the name Final Fantasy for a Seiken Densetsu title. However, even though the site is primarily in English, it does include Japanese titles and characters everywhere you go, too, so they're not trying to exclude anyone. Maybe they're just choosing the default that serves their biggest or most intended userbase. The site has to favor something, I guess.

I think that if this were a French site written almost entirely in the French language by French people, a lot of them would want French to be the default language on things. See what I mean? They wouldn't exclude others, they'd just put the language they wrote it in first.

But it's all politics, isn't it!