View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Some thoughts.

- IMO products have big 'soft-requeriments' that should be lowered. Release dates, moby/ocr-links, etc. I'd have bare entries + albums links, and encourage other users to fill the product over time (plenty of English info out there, hard to screw up, not our priority anyway).
There are some minor franchises I'd like to add but having to hunt and double check exact release days, logos and whatnot for stuff very few care is just too much. Even worse with old games with tons of releases. You could say "oh but it's just a few of minutes" but it adds up to hours...
Sorry if I sound negative, nobody take it personally. I do like products and appreciate the hard work.

- Linking to concrete releases would be nice indeed.

- Platforms for anime please: series, OVA, movie.

- Product page: album filters, even cheapo JS "clic and hide" stuff, would be appreciated (orange noooo).

- Now that you can search products, alternate US titles in the album titles (for search purposes) could be dropped --cleaner albums, simpler to mantain, clear guidelines. See this.

- For the products list I prefer linear rather than comma-separated list (looks bad). Some simple abbreviations +tooltips could work well.
Quote:
> Products Represented
Xenogears (PS) S,A
Chocobo Racing (PS2) F
Minesweeper (Multi) V,A
Final Fantasy VIII (PS/PC) D,T,I
The Pokemon Movie Soundtrack
- Searching with the quickbox, you skip the "search results" page of only one match was found. Now many product and album's names will be shared you won't be able to do that.
What about adding some prefix searches like "a=final fantasy viii", "p=tales phantasia" to limit the queries to album/products and so on? (this would be useful in general too)