View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think the comma-separated fields can be converted to <CR>-separated without too much major restructuring. The product field is probably easier to deal with than the others. Moreover, for Products I switched the old static textbox out for a resizable text area, and it seems to be working well. It makes editing the product list a little easier. These may help even if we keep separating by commas.

I've set it back to display the comma-separated products when there are no links, so that takes messing around with that out of the critical path for product work.

Meanwhile, getting the products to display nicely on the album page is going to be more work than I thought. The release info we need spreads our SQL lookup across a couple more tables, and I'd like to do it in one query, so I have to stick this stuff in a data structure. Also, I have to abbreviate every product, put those somewhere accessible, and come up with some logic to display "Multi" whenver it's just too long. Then, there's making it all look good....

Anyway, the select-box for releases is up for comment, though it isn't activated yet.

The search-links idea is an interesting one. We currently only have one precedent for it -- the google search tab that appears in the Simple Search results. I guess I'm really not a fan of those unless we are going to make it a consistent feature over the rest of the site (albums, artists, etc.)