View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2020, 01:18 PM
VGMdb Staff

For some basic guidelines as to what non-anime/video game related music can be submitted, see the post below from Secret Squirrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
  1. For solid game/anime composers or arrangers, you can submit "works" albums that are outside our scope if you think they are of interest.
  2. To prevent clutter on the artist pages, be mindful of the ratio of in-scope to out-of-scope albums. We don't want someone with 3 VGM credits to have 12 works albums. I don't have an exact number to give for a ratio, but I hope that some common sense is used.
  3. The standard is much higher for performers. I don't really want solo albums to be submitted for a vocalist that was on a few animes. (Plus, vocal albums are a lot of work for staff to fix if they aren't done carefully.) You pretty much need to be game-related on the level of I've Sound to merit some works albums.
  4. Doujin circles who release albums at Comiket are generally an exception to these guidelines; we are much more lenient there. However, artists who release albums at M3 are not. We cover comiket fairly closely, but we only cover game/anime music at M3.
Regarding your submission specifically, the exception for works albums is generally applied to noteworthy anime and vgm composers, rather than all of them. Okabe and Kosaki definitely qualify in that regard, and if this was an album made entirely by them it should definitely get an entry. But this is an entire vocal album, with only two tracks they've worked on, so considering the album as a whole I don't see it as particularly relevant to the DB.

For performers the standards for works entries are higher, as SS mentioned. I don't feel either Yuna Inamura or Satomi Hanamura are noteworthy enough to qualify for works entries. There isn't really any clear boundaries as to who qualifies and who doesn't, but some examples of voice actors with accepted works entries are Kana Hanazawa, Aoi Yuki and Saori Hayami.