View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2013, 06:50 AM

To this day, the original Guilty Gear is my favorite Ishiwatari soundtrack. It suffers from Playstation compression a bit, but you can hear all the layers pretty nicely.

Heavy Rock Tracks has major layering issues, no air between the guitars on most tracks (tracks with synth and guitars fare better). Really hard to hear the underlying harmonies, the melodies are almost too much as the forefront.

XX, the guitars sound harsh, like they weren't recorded right (I mistook them for synth guitars the first time I heard them). The recording takes away the excitement of the music, even though technically it's probably the heaviest GG soundtrack. And they got a little too cute on Holy Orders and Suck a Sage here. No complaints about Isuka, except there isn't enough of it. Overture Vol. 2 (remember that game?) didn't leave enough of an impression on me to remember anything about it.

I don't always agree with the musical direction of the Korean XX #Reload, but it's the best GG soundtrack from a straight sound quality perspective. Nicely layered, great recording, pretty much perfect. And to their credit, they did use a hashtag before it became popular.

And yeah, Blazblue.