View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:50 AM
Trusted Editor

Can we split the non Yamato argument into a separate thread so this one isn't sidetracked as its attached to the album?

I try only to make significant edits or contributions to albums I own because I can validate those with my copy. If I dont own it I generally don't touch it unless I have a good understanding of the series, game, artist or something else. Everyone should get in the habit of justifying changes they make in the album threads. It's not really a competition to have the most adds or edits, I'd rather have more conversation and less edits.

I'm sure it's fine for people to crawl the web and add albums if they want but those should be less trusted sources than people who can verifiably backup their information.

coe, I thought you lost trusted editor largely in part because of the fit you threw when I said your track lists left much to be desired (maybe in less nice terms) and then deleted your account. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your edits but there is definitely something contextually lost when you translate from Japanese to English. My Japanese is not very good at all, as you have seen, but I always ask for help on things I'm not sure about for someone who does know it better. I think everyone should take the same approach and reference someone who understands both source and translated to language before making significant contributions. There are only a handful of contributors to this site who have a really solid understanding of japanese and English AND that put a significant amount of time into accurate submissions and data validation.

It's not a difference of who's a trusted editor or staff or member or guest, it matters that the contributions to the site are qualitative in measure and not quantitative and that you can recognize and accept help in areas that you're not well verses in. For me, it's Japanese language, game and anime series (believe it or not I don't watch anime or play games short of one or two a year tops). But I make sure to make up for it with significantly validated contributions (non standard preferences aside). I think everyone would do well to follow the same principles.