View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
That's the issue with Falcom. The artists listed as part of Sound Team jdk in the game credits are just that - part of Sound Team jdk. Whether they composed, arranged, or just did some sound manipulation is not indicated. Not to mention Falcom tends to credit the current members of the sound team of a given release, leading to anomalies like Dinosaur:Resurrection which Ishibashi did not work on, but was credited because he was a member at the time. Zwei!! 2008 is another example. I'm not 100% this is the case, but that's what the evidence points to.
Ugh, don't remind me.

I STILL WANT A F#CKING EXPLANATION FOR THIS

Quote:
Yeah, you're totally right about Falcom's occasional internal similarities. New Falcom has also referenced old Falcom occasionally, but that's almost certainly to pay intentional homage. But anyway like you say, we can't confirm - rather express the likelihood of a particular track being by a particular composer. Having said that, I still think my above prediction is somewhat likely.
Yeah. For example: when I listen Ys III's soundtrack and I go for Masaaki Kawai tracks; if you didn't tell me he composed the extra tracks of the Sharp X68000 version, I wouldn't believe you.

Quote:
I think I'm fairly confident of certain facets of his style. After all, he's worked on pretty much every game since Vantage Master, so there are inevitably going to be tracks of a certain style spanning multiple games which are *probably* by him. For example, the more militaristic type stuff like Egret Mountains or I Guess I'll Have To! In general though, I think he's clearly too diverse a composer to guess on style alone.

'I Guess I'll Have To!' sounds very Kiseki-esque, and whoever composed Vantage Master's main theme is a GENIUS. Those synth guitars are pure sex for my ears.

Quote:
Have you struck gold again, Matron?! This is most intriguing indeed! Some guesses have question marks, others don't. For example, his/her two VM Japan guesses. Could be a Falcom employee, but he/she has uploaded some non Falcom VGM so it's probably a fanboy/girl like us! Maybe he/she got them confirmed somehow? Or just forgot to place the question marks? Either way, his/her guess for Sonoda having composed The Eastern Cherries fits in nicely with my prediction about Sonoda's march-ey style.
I'll say he/she's just speculating, but then again, it's so strange that some guesses have question marks while others don't.

Quote:
Another thing that's really interesting is what he/she has to say about Takeshita here. I can just about make it out in Google Translate, and he seems to be under the impression that a track from Nayuta no Kiseki was composed by Takeshita before he left Falcom. It's odd because that's pretty much how I felt when I heard Mother Earth Altago from Ys Seven. I was familiar with Takeshita's hard rock style from his Deadball P material and immediately thought either A) Takeshita composed this before he left Falcom or B) either Sonoda or Unisuga has a really similar style to Takeshita. I'm leaning more towards Unisuga.
He also says that Takeshita composed this too. Judging from what I've listened from Takeshita, I'm pretty sure that he composed Zwei II's 'Dog Fight!!', (AKA BEST ZWEI 2 TRACK HANDS DOWN) although his name doesn't appear on the credits.

Speaking about Unisuga, our friend says this was composed by him.

Quote:
Anyway, here's a Deadball P track you'll partly recognise the tune of.
Overdosing Heavenly Hatsune Miku

Quote:
Your channel is also pretty awesome, it has to be said!
Thank you! As you can see, I really like Nihon Farukomu's stuff (it's actually spelled as 'nihon farukom' in Japan). Hell, I even uploaded both Legend of Xanadu soundtracks; Legend of Xanadu is my second favorite Falcom series after Ys!

Quote:
It may be a long shot, but maybe you could message tyu3900 through YT somehow?
I can try it, but I don't know if he can understand my words in simple English. Too bad none of use know Japanese

Quote:
Anyway, I originally contacted mirawi through his contact form IIRC, but if you want his email, it's mirawi at sideprotea dot net. Alternatively, this is his YT.
Thanks for his contact link. I was already aware of his YouTube channel thanks to an old reply by you.

I'll e-mail him. If he response me with some interesting info, I'll post it here or on his profile's thread.

Quote:
My pleasure. It's good to know others share such enthusiasm!

P.S. Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks again nonetheless. I hope Falcom reveals something else, or that if Sonoda ever abandons Falcom (I hope he doesn't!), he becomes a famous a̶n̶i̶m̶e̶ composer like his old buddy Shikarawa, so we can know more about him

P.S. I apologize if you/someone can't understand me at times. English being second language and all.

Last edited by Matron; Oct 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM.