View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2013, 01:03 PM

Good news, everyone! I showed the first interview to omgfloofy and she made a summary of the most important things in English! Kudos to her!
Quote:
- The first question is for a self-introduction. He says that he's in charge of the BGM music and the generation of sound effects for event scenes...
- If he pulled any inspiration or ideas from other EiDen or Ys titles, and he says that he wanted Sora no Kiseki's music to be something completely new- to have a fresh start. Sora has a stylish and somewhat urban worldview behind it, and thus the jazzy style of music seemed to fit it better.
- He commented that, to him, the rural areas like Rolent and such felt like the urban areas found in Gagharv- so he had to write accordingly.
- This is all paraphrased, also, as a note.
- He talks about using a lot of "theme phrasing" in the soundtrack (yay! something I've said stands on this. ). As a result, the music is just as capable of providing foreshadowing and emphasis to the story as other traditional aspects are.
- He uses the the Coliseum pulling melodies from the Grand Arena theme, as an example, or the Liberl theme from Royal Castle being showing itself in Border Patrol isn't Easy and Pride of Liberl as well.
- 'Release from the Spell, and Then..." is Weismann's theme, and it's completely intentional that its heavily influenced by "Sora no Kiseki," melody-wise, since his driving nature is tied back to the meanings behind the latter song.
- He doesn't give details, because "that's to be learned about in SC".
- Sounds like they had a lot of trouble perfecting Hoshi no Arika.
- He would do something with it, then go through peers to check wtih it and so forth, but couldn't figure out why he wasn't happy with it.
- Hoshi no Arika had to convey the right feeling, while maintaining the player's stunned emotions after that shocking end scene. As such, it became a very challenge theme song to write.

I think I love this man even more now . I'll post more/edit this post if I get more info.

(BTW, people are already making music rips of Sen's OST. Spoiler: It's awesome.)

Last edited by Matron; Feb 2, 2015 at 09:35 AM.