View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Paladin View Post
I know that people need funding, and that things such as production are not cheap.
In my mind, Kickstarter's main boost is to the avalability and/or speed of release. You are correct that it places the burden of financing on the contribution, which is bad. But at the same time, it greatly speeds up the whole process. Without Kickstarter, we would still only have the 1993 Turrican album, rather than the awesome boxset we have now. I know that great many possible albums never came into being simply because there was not enough interest to assure the author that his time would be compensated; with Kickstarter, you can get that assurance quickly, with a high degree of certainty.

Quote:
especially with such a high premium for something as meager as say, a t-shirt.
Personally, I am not interested in T-shirts at all. It is unfortunate that many people are, and for that reason T-shirts take up the cheaper levels and I have to pay for them, even if I don't want them, if I prefer some of the more expensive rewards.

Quote:
I would even rather roll out the product slowly first with digital downloads before a full CD release
As a consumer, I would rather pay up front to be assured of the production of a CD, than to have a digital album released with a high probability that the physical product won't come out at all. I have seen that way too often :-(