View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2013, 04:20 AM

Thanks. I really enjoy reading interviews on hardware limitation and modification.

Quote:
YK: Yes, instead of using an application, I wrote it in a kind of machine language. There weren't really any applications to create music at the time. But I had a friend who created an OS... This friend of mine was also programming music with that. So I used that and modified it, and kept on modifying it, to create music of my own.
hmmm. It sounds like I need a friend as well to come up with an OS to program music on it. Are there people out there sharing their OS mod setups for NEC PC-9801?

I'm guessing the music is made just like making music on an Amiga system (lots of mouse clicking). Would be something if it could be modded to respond to hardware midi sequencer or regular piano midi keyboard...

Quote:
The original was called MML, Music Macro Language. It's based on NEC's BASIC program, but I modified it heavily. It was more a BASIC-style language at first, but I modified it to be something more like Assembly. I called it ‘Music Love'. I used it for all the Bare Knuckle Games."
mmm

Last edited by Vert1; Sep 7, 2013 at 04:49 AM.