View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdevilfx View Post
Hydrocity Zone Act 2 was rearranged by Masayuki Nagao. Hydrocity Zone Act 1 is definitely a Japanese composition, as it was reused for Sonic & Knuckles Collection. All tracks suspected to have been composed by the MJ crew were removed from that game.
See, this is one problem I have with the current info we have. I'm sorry but Hydrocity Act 2 is NOT an arrangement or a remix of Act 1. From a musical perspective, it is almost an entirely new piece of music. The A section is inspired by the A section of Act 1, yes...but the B section and C section (the best parts of the track, and the entire soundtrack IMO) are entirely new melodic material. This track wasn't just an arrangement of an existing track. This is a new piece of music that was intentionally and specifically composed. It is unlike any other Act 2 track in the game, with how unique it is from Act 1. To only call this an arrangement, and to say that Nagao "arranged" it is only half the story. He may have worked on the arrangement, but who composed the new, amazing melodic material? Because nothing that I've heard from Nagao, or any of the Japanese composers I've seen mentioned comes close to this style and quality.

Just my thoughts.