View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Searching albums by romaji would not be the best way here. In this case, it could be also "Souzoushi" or such. Personally, I'm pretty fond of searching albums by kanji/kana, since it's not discarded with only one character, but I know I'm at the minority side.
Yeah but that would be the least common word on the title, reason I would search for, language would be irrelevant.

Quote:
Both PlayAsia and CD Japan were wrong with the romanization of the very album we're talking about, although I do think retails are closer to the second source and generally trust them.
It is wrong but it looks right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
@Metroid: You would sue a distributor just because he sent you the wrong album? Honestly, I would just contact customer support and make them aware of their mistake. You probably don't even have to return the wrongly sent album in that case...
Yes, because of the information provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
I would suggest changing how you search. It doesn't matter what kind of user you are, you should be searching for Japanese products by catalog number. There is no reason not to.
Off course it does, average users will always search first for western names before catalogue or romanization, just tell to the admin send you a search log and you will understand.

This is a database and I think that simplifying the search by using or link titlename of major retailers would be a plus for many users yet to come.

There is no pointing in continuing with this anymore. I hope most got my point.