View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
05 万里一空, this is how it's typed in the booklet (so this is correct) but I believe this is a typo for "万理一空" which appears to be something related to Buddhism and Miyamoto Musashi. I found a weblio entry for it but I'm not sure I understand it, or know how to translate it accurately, so I'm leaving it as Banri Ikku. I don't know if Buddhism or Eastern religion plays a role in Atelier games as I've never played them.
I think the opposite is the case. It's 万里一空 which is written in Miyamoto's Gorin no Sho (1, 2, 3). 万一空 seems to literally means our planet only has one sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
27 どうしたもんか -- Doshita monka, which, if I understand this correctly, is basically a mocking or rhetorical way of saying "What's Wrong?", I don't know how to indicate that in text.
It's just another way of saying "What should I do?".

Quote:
10 それいけ!カイハツハン -- I don't realy know what Kaihatsuhan is (a place, a person [Kaihatsu-han, using han as the honorific, probably not since it's katakana]). Just leaving it as Kaihatsuhan unless something better comes along.
カイハツハン = 開発班 = Development Team.

Quote:
14 たそがれのボイン -- Really lost on this one too. Boin of Dusk? Dusk Boin? I see some references to "Boin" refering to large breasts, the sound "boing" but nothing related to any Atelier games... Leaving as Dusk Boing. Track 15 is similar so maybe the "Boing" refers to the "bounciness" of the song?
Literally, a woman with big boobs in melancholy mood.