View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Can anyone that knows about this game tell me where all this stuff comes from? Are both S.S.H.'s stuff and this stuff all part of the game's original soundtrack?
As a self-proclaimed* S.S.H. (and S.S.H. related things such as this album) expert, I think it's only appropriate that I be the one that answers your queries. As far as I'm concerned, he can do no musical wrong, and anything he touches turns to gold (or should that be "turns to a heavy rock"?). Like you, I first discovered S.S.H. from Lost Child Side-A and Side-B after it was released by a certain popular release group in 2003 (I think). I checked his website and since then, I've been actively following him. In fact, some of his free publicly released mp3s would have disappeared from the Internet if I wasn't there to save it. Anyway, enough about me.

Lost Child is a visual/digital novel game for the PC. Normally, I don't care much for those, but S.S.H. (and kt2) are involved, so I make an exception here. The art, voice acting and overall production values seem to be above average too, so that helps. Lost Child appears to be unique in the sense that unlike most other games of its type (text adventures), it contains RPG-style battles.

Finally, the music. From memory, most or all of the music by kt2/Soshi Hosoi from the Lost Child Infinia album is played in the non-battle sections of the game. The music by S.S.H. is played in all of the battles and a few other parts such as some menu selection screens. The game's official webpage is, or to be more precise, was http://www.tama-soft.com/products/lost_child/index.html but it's not online anymore for some reason. Also, romaji is kind of useless for searching information on obscure Japanese products.

Actually, this is the first time I claimed to be one.