View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonEnRegalia View Post
I'd like to see some like this be implemented. It may be cumbersome and overly-organized, but I want to see more people making valid insights into their favorite albums and game music, just like the many, many game music analysts on SEMO and OSV and other places. There's no reason why those who're truly passionate about music and how it relates to a game context can't discuss favorites and what-not.
The review links serve this function to some extent, though relatively few albums feature review links. I think there are a lot of albums with reviews on SEMO in particular (who have a very extensive review database) that aren't linked up here. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it would be convenient if they were linked.

Also if there was the option for editors to post reviews it could be a nice addition. A lot of times when I look at an album page I wonder what distinguishes the particular album from what are often multiple iterations of the same game soundtrack. I check the discussion thread which may or may not shed light on it. This is one aspect where a review could say, 'if you are interested, this is the one to get;' or, 'this is an inferior release, you should get a different one.' NiGHTs perfect dreams soundtrack comes to mind, or Gyakuten Saiban which have several versions.

And that is just one aspect that would be helpful, but general reviews would be cool. It is venturing into the realm of opinion which is maybe not what the site is about though. Just a thought.