View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nice breakdown Joe. But I'm not so sure about your assertion that most tracks featuring piano are by Noriko Matsueda, given Takahito Eguchi is in fact a seasoned session pianist. D.N. Angel is filled with his piano compositions.
I didn't know that, interesting. In that case, I suppose it's likely he performed the piano parts on his own compositions then. However, I do still think any jazz piano is by Matsueda. I'm going to listen to some D.N. Angel and see if that better informs me about Eguchi's style, which I don't have a strong ear for yet.

I agree with the consensus here that Bouncer and Racing Lagoon are better than X-2. By biggest problem with X-2 is how short and subsequently undeveloped much of the music is. Whereas the former two are more robust. Bouncer actually has some really brilliant stuff, especially many of the stage themes. They're just packed with great content.

Although, I don't really consider Racing Lagoon a Matsueda-Eguchi collaboration: only a handful of tracks feature Eguchi as co-composer. It's primarily a Matsueda score.

For the record, Mortavia, Racing Lagoon doesn't have any trance, and very little could be considered techno. Not trying to sound pedantic, but I'd rather not give any misconceptions about the soundtrack if you're looking for something in particular.