View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:50 PM
Trusted Editor

Of course this album has perfectly his place here...

This is an original work of one of the best Japanese composers, and you would'nt accept it??? I don't understand you Phonograph. Don' t take it amiss, but I suggest that you should open your mind a little
And there's an orchestra with a lot of musicians for these symphonies, like the others works of Seiji Yokoyama, so not really a "solo". Seriously there's not a big difference with his other compositions for anime (just some sounds for nature in addition).
Listen the samples on CDJapan or HMV please, for a better opinion.

And some original works of Nobuo Uematsu (like "Phantasmagoria") or Motoi Sakuraba ("Gykyokuonsou"; and too his album with the band Deja Vu: "Baroque In The Future") have been approved, and are on VGMdb. Seiji Yokoyama is not less important than these 2 artists, I think!

And there are not other CDs of Seiji Yokoyama (maybe outside dramas) which can be added yet, all the CDs (released commercially) are on VGMdb.
The other compositions of Seiji Yokoyama released on CDs are for Metal Hero (Metalder, Winspector), Sentai (Ohranger) and other Tokusatsus ( Megaloman, Koseidon), so they don't have their place here.
The other compositions of Seiji Yokoyama, which are not on VGMdb, are only released on vinyls ( like "Kaze to Ki no Uta" image album or drama "Hoshi no Ondine", for the best important).