View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2011, 03:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm a little more nervous now about making any judgments on what these mean based on credits from other albums. It's a shame that we're so loose with credits here in the West. Japan's system seems to have more rigidly defined roles, while here we have "written" meaning some combination of lyrics and composition, and "produced" meaning who knows what (but possibly including remix, mastering, arrangement, maybe even help with composition/lyrics.) But I'm glad you're thinking about this problem; maybe you'll discover the answer to all this.

I wonder if we should add "Producer" to our list of roles. We need to re-evaluate our current role list as part of the next phase of the products improvement. (Even if producer on these Eurobeat albums isn't what we think it is, it's still a role that we see in lots of VGM credits.)

I guess it's mostly up to you to decide whether you would like to add all these aliases. Eurobeat is outside of what we cover, and they only show up on a couple of albums so far, so I think it depends whether there are enough anime/game credits for them for it to make sense.