View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2018, 02:06 PM
Trusted Editor

Pretty much everything comes down to personal preference . I prefer a separate section, outside of the transcribed inserts. I can see why some people might prefer near the same credit(s) in the transcribed notes, though. I use the site primarily as a database of works/artists and try to maintain the accuracy and integrity of that database. Other people just use it as a means of tagging their music or maintaining their collection list. There's nothing wrong with any of that but difference preferences are going to change how you use and consume the information.

It also comes down to the fact that I'm editing an album that is 11 years old. Because there are no guidelines, no real way to lock an album from being updated, and no real agreeable way to consider a lock (at what point?), it's mostly a free for all. Someone can come by in another 5 years and change anything here and no one would notice. Had I not posted a discussion, you probably wouldn't have noticed either (which is precisely why I post). The only reason I even notice these things is because I'm slowly (very slowly) ripping my physical collection and I just update the database as I get to albums and compare to what I have in front of me, or add / update new ones as they come in.

I agree with the edit sources being lost. Any time I pull a significant amount of information from another source (image or web), I try to quote it in the discussion thread for historical purposes.

Anyway, less ranting, more doing!

Do you want to update it or do you want me to? I get the feeling that you probably have a better grasp on the series artists and soundtracks than I do. As far as I could tell, the 3 notes that I posted (D1M3, D1M16, D4M2) plus the ones that you pointed out (D1M7, D1M13) are the only ones I could find not already being credited in the inserts.