View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:17 AM

But it can be virtually impossible to distinguish the two in text.

For example, when is it appropriate to use Japanese font for Roman letters? The .hack//GAME MUSIC Perfect Collection tracklist uses Roman font for the same names found in the Limited Edition, which uses the Japanese font. Obviously this isn't an example of consistency, but a question of: which is right? How do we try and determine when somebody is using a Japanese font and a Roman font?

This is just the thing I'm wondering. Maybe with letters and numbers it's a bit easier to eyeball the two and try to make a judgment, but trying to tell the difference between a + and a + can get ridiculous. It's probably hard to tell even here in my post, and when it's in printed tracklist, you can't copy and paste to see which one it is, so it's virtually impossible. This is why I'm trying to assume that when Roman letters are written, Roman symbols were used, and when Japanese characters are present, Japanese font is used. Of course, if we want all punctuation symbols to be in one font or another, that's fine by me too, I'm just trying to get the convention down.

Last edited by Medina; Apr 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM.