View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:38 PM

As far as i know, no, there weren't officially released soundtracks which had Elfman's Theme on them.... The only game-related release which i'm aware of, apart from the two next-gen titles, is this: Sega Multimedia Studio - Music from the Sega CD Games: Jurassic Park, Batman Returns, but i can't tell if that has Elfman's work in some form. Also, if i might offer a small opinion: i believe that this entry currently qualifies as shoe-in, maybe in the future VGMdb will want to further expand its coverage... After all it's been covering western games' soundtracks for a while, right? Maybe western animation will eventually find its place here, too.

Anyway, i'd like to offer my apologises, i understand that this kind of stuff is still in somewhat of a grey zone for VGMdb. Maybe you'd prefer a text-entry in the label's discography page? I guess this would help a lot, too, someone which doesn't know about it might end up wondering if the missing catalogues are related to game/animation/...

I'm not too fond of Walker's work, personally, mainly bought this for childood memories extravaganza... She knew how to write effective music, that's for sure, but her style's not my cup of tea. I'm sad that they didn't come with a Volume II of this, if i remember correctly it was originally planned, but Warner Bros. basically didn't think it was worth the effort, or didn't want more of the music to get released.

EDIT:
Composition credits come from the back cover.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Dec 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added composition credits' source.