View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:43 AM

Personally, if some albums have too generic titles and need more distinctions, I'd take [.../Ludwig van Beethoven] as the discretionary suffix (like the one we use for iTunes releases, reprints and Limited Editions) rather than something we have to add to every other album that may already have a more identifiable title on its own, and in the worst case, can be better without the artist name. Still, I surely see why people appreciate its presence for multiples reasons anyway. Indeed, I would less mind it, on the condition we can draw up an explicit standards on why some albums need it while others not, and how to add it.

In many cases, we often copy the Japanese text from other websites and paste it in the title field (mainly because the scan to transcribe the title isn't available until later), but there are various ways for the Internet to add the artist name ([Album / Artist], [Artist / Album], [Album ~ Artist], [Album - Artist] and so on), and I'd rather standardize it, especially given that we're not based on what's printed on the scans here. My preferred solution is having a suffix box with which we can place the artist name somewhat better (color, placement, text size, etc.) and therefore we don't need to bother with the slash problem I mentioned above, because spacing is enough and better.

With regard to character song albums where the fictional character is credited as the artist instead of the actual vocalist, I doubt the Hentai/Yaoi character name really matters to the majority of us (note: that's another story, when the name is a part of the title, which is sometimes hard to determine), so I'd suggest we basically omit, or at least submit it like [Name (CV. Artist)].

Last edited by Cedille; Feb 23, 2010 at 01:32 PM.