View Single Post
Old May 1, 2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peronmls View Post
Does anyone know what sampler this metal SFX comes from in this track?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70jMX8qK7dY
Do you mean that sort of 'factory metal' sound that is kicking in at 0:06? If so, then it's a pitched down, generic tambourine drum sample. You can find such sample in a lot of libraries, it just gotta have the right attack and timbre. One of the Jungle Warfare CDs has a pretty fat sounding one.

This 'factory metal' effect is actually used a lot in the FF7 and FF8 soundtracks, amongst others. Who knows which library they used for it, such tambourine samples can be found in a lot of those early sample CDs.

Quote:
Akai MPC-60 and MPC-3000 libraries are collected in the "Akai CD-ROM Sound Library MPC2000XL Vol. 1" CD.

Akai S-1000 libraries are collected in the "Akai CD-ROM Sound Library Vol.2" CD.
They are pretty cool libraries, innit? I mentioned them earlier in one of my post when I was speculating whether Nobuo Uematsu used them to make the FF7 and FF8 soundtracks. These CDs are rammed with essential and important drum, synth/string and instrument samples.

There is also a series of CDs for the E-Mu sampler (called 'EMX Sound Library') with essential instruments and samples, with a total of 8 volumes. Wondering if those where used to make the OSTs.