View Single Post
Old May 1, 2013, 06:06 PM

The Akai libraries are pretty nice. One thing I forgot to mention: The "Akai CD-ROM Sound Library Vol. 2" CD I mentioned actually seems to be missing a few things from the original S-1000 and S-1100 libraries. There are two CDs simply titled "Official Sound Library for S-1000" and "Official Sound Library for S-1100" which, according to content lists, seem to include some samples not on the aforementioned "Vol. 2" CD. I haven't been able to get a hold of those 2 yet, though.

I've also been curious about the Akai S-900/S-950 libraries, as I have a hunch some samples in the soundtracks I've been studying might have come from it (actually have been able to confirm one through a Youtube video). Haven't been able to get my hands on those yet, either. Did at least manage to find a PDF of a brochure that lists the library contents.

I have also looked through some of the E-Mu libraries, and identified a few samples from them used in soundtracks (Vampire Savior, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike). I'll update my list soon.

Last edited by felineki; May 1, 2013 at 06:22 PM.